POSTS
10
February 2017
Hello world!
PORTFOLIO
SEARCH
SHOP
  • Your Cart Is Empty!
Massivedynamic.co 12 34 56 78

Meet the Team

Senior Class Gift Committee 2019

• Text Hover
Look Woon Wei

Campaign Co-Director, CN ’19

Yale-NUS has given me so much in the past three, nearing four, years: close friends, intense but fulfilling academic experiences, and various other opportunities like no other. Having taken so much, it is only right that I take part in giving back to the College as I enter my final year in Yale-NUS. Yale-NUS is not perfect; far from it. But it is precisely through giving back that we can allow others to continue the work of moulding the College into a place we are happy to call home.

• Text Hover
Yip Wing Yan

Campaign Co-Director, SA ’19

I have been a study award recipient at Yale-NUS since my first year. Yale-NUS has given me so much support and resources, without which, I would not have been able to return again and again to South America and find my passion for development economics. Had I not come to this college, I might still have been that judgmental kid who was insensitive to people’s identities and smug about her life under a rock. Because of all this, I decided to give back by organising the Senior Class Gift campaign.

• Text Hover
Hazirah Binte Mohamad Helmy

Saga College Chair, SA ’19

I wanted to be a part of the Senior Class Gift Committee because I believe in the quality of education at Yale-NUS and that it should be made accessible to students who are genuinely interested in pursuing it. I have benefitted immensely from my classes and from the various opportunities the College has offered me to grow, both personally and academically. In many senses, Yale-NUS did shape me to be what I am today, and I feel that this is a small way of ensuring that this can be paid forward.

• Text Hover
Maline Bungum

Elm College Chair, EL ’19

These four years at Yale-NUS have brought me much joy and growth, and I am so grateful to all who have made my time here possible through the gift of financial aid and other forms of support. Joining the Senior Class Gift Committee is my small way of saying thank you to the College and the community we have built together. I hope to encourage my peers in the Class of 2019 to reflect on how much we have received, that we may give back, cheerfully, to those after us who will one day call Yale-NUS home.

• Text Hover
Vivek Ganesh

Cendana College Chair, CN ’19

Yale-NUS College is an institution that invests much in its students through the provision of opportunities and in the personalised curation of every student’s personal and professional journey, as they come to be prepared to face the realities of non-academic life. Being at Yale-NUS has given me the opportunity and the requisite resources to pursue my dreams in whatever form or manner, thereby enabling me to be the very person I am today. Being part of the Senior Class Gift Committee enables me to repay this kindness by cementing a legacy that exalts the merits of this college and all the students who have come before, currently are in, and who will continue to brighten its halls.

• Text Hover
Neo Xiaoyun

Publicity Team, CN ’19

I realise that the choices I make – regarding semester abroad, classes, co-curriculars – have all been largely enabled and enriched by my relatively privileged financial position. I want to give back to allow generations of other financially needy but brilliant students to benefit from the wonderful opportunity of education without worrying about its attached financial burdens. Joining the Senior Class Gift Committee is my way of amplifying my personal belief about the value of extending this stable financial position to as many Kingfishers as possible.

• Text Hover
Clara Peh

Publicity Team, SA ’19

I believe that the Senior Class Gift will give my class an opportunity to leave a positive tangible impact on a community that we care deeply for and have the privilege to be a part of. Yale-NUS has given me a college experience that I could not have found elsewhere. Now this is our chance to pay it forward and help future students to share the opportunities we had.

• Text Hover
Teo Zhixin

Publicity Team, SA ’19

I have had an incredible four years here in Yale-NUS. While there have been many ups and downs, the friendships I have forged and the experiences I have had made all the tough times absolutely worth it. These experiences and opportunities have also played an immense role in shaping me as a person. I would not be who I am today if not for Yale-NUS, and I really hope to extend all these experiences and opportunities to future batches of Yale-NUS students. I have been a recipient of financial aid for all my overseas experiences, and I understand the importance of that financial subsidy in order to make an overseas opportunity even feasible for certain students. Therefore, I hope that by joining the Senior Class Gift Committee, I can encourage the Class of 2019 to play a part in giving our current and future underclassmen all the opportunities and privileges that we have enjoyed.

• Text Hover
Callysta Thony

Publicity Team, CN ’19

The incredible opportunities that I’ve had for learning, travel and personal growth at Yale-NUS would not have been possible without the generous financial support I’ve received. I believe that future students should be able to enjoy these same experiences and opportunities regardless of their financial status. Joining the Senior Class Gift Committee is one way in which I hope I am able to give back to the college community and help cultivate its culture of giving. This is a chance for the Class of 2019 to take action and continue building upon a meaningful college tradition, and I am excited to be a part of it!

• Text Hover
Annie Wang

Publicity Team, CN ’19

Being at Yale-NUS has truly been a transformative journey for me. I have grown so much as an individual over the past few years and thinking back, none of it would have been possible without having received many valuable learning opportunities from Yale-NUS. From doing a mystery internship and going on a semester abroad, to having wonderful mentors, the list really goes on when we pay enough attention to it. If anything, I think that Yale-NUS has taught me to be proactive in achieving what I desire, but to also contribute and give back with what I have. Being a part of the Senior Class Gift Committee is my way of giving back.

• Text Hover
Pang Wei Han

Events Team, CN ’19

In reflecting about my time here in college, I believe that one of my biggest areas of growth has been in my capacity to love and care for people, not just those closest to me, but even those in my community who I have not yet had the privilege to meet, interact with and learn from. I am committed to the Senior Class Gift Committee because I want to create this environment of love and growth for future students so that they, too, can be supported and can thrive.

• Text Hover
Ivan Soh

Events Team, CN ’19

My time at Yale-NUS has been nothing short of amazing; I have learnt and grown so much because of this college. Being part of the Senior Class Gift Committee gives me the opportunity to contribute to this community, which I have grown to love, and to leave a legacy for the coming generations of Kingfishers.