POSTS
10
February 2017
Hello world!
PORTFOLIO
SEARCH
SHOP
  • Your Cart Is Empty!
Massivedynamic.co

Ways
to Give

Online (Credit / Debit)

Simply click here to make your gift to Financial Aid, or here if you want to give towards Counselling.

Credit Card / Cheque

Simply fill up a Gift Form and pass it to any of us on the Committee, or to Joella at the Development Office, which is located at Senior Administration, East Core Level 3.

Cash

Drop off your cash gift with Joella at the Development Office, located at Senior Administration, East Core Level 3. You can also make cash gifts at our designated lunch tables. Our upcoming session is happening on Thursday, 1 November 2018 from 11:30am to 1:00pm at all three dining halls.

* Your gift will be counted towards the Senior Class Gift if you are a senior who is on track to graduate either from our four-year programme before May 2020, or from our Concurrent Degree Programmes / the Double Degree Programme with Law before May 2021.

** Singapore tax residents will receive a 2.5 times tax deduction on their gifts. If you have any questions regarding your gift, you can contact giving@yale-nus.edu.sg, or look for Joella at the Development Office.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Senior Class Gift?

The Senior Class Gift is the graduating class’ gift to the College to mark the occasion of their graduation. It aims to encourage a continued tradition of giving among graduating students and inspire them to continue giving back to the College as alumni, even after graduation.

What will my gift go towards?

For the first time, you can choose to channel your Senior Class Gift to two different priorities – Financial Aid, which enables financially needy students to study at Yale-NUS without having to worry about their financial burdens or obligations, or Counselling, which supports counselling programmes, services and initiatives at the College.

Why should I make a gift?

As the College and the Senior Class Gift are still in their early years, making a gift will allow our class to have a hand in building a culture of giving at Yale-NUS and set an example for future classes in making their own Senior Class Gift. More importantly, it’s our chance to pay it forward as grateful thanks for all the opportunities we’ve enjoyed during our time in college. Making a gift also allows us to support future classes of students who come after us, whether it is supporting financially needy students or enabling students to benefit from greater mental health support at Yale-NUS.

I already paid full tuition to come to Yale-NUS. Why should I give?

Like many other institutions, the College operates on a model where fees charged cover only a fraction of the true cost of a Yale-NUS education. Private philanthropy from various generous donors enables the College to subsidise part of our education and run programmes that are instrumental for our development. The Senior Class Gift is a great way for us to join these donors in collectively building a sustainable culture of giving at the College.

I already give to other causes. Why should I give to Yale-NUS?

Consider making gifts to both! Giving to the College demonstrates class and school pride and is a great way to showcase your endorsement of Yale-NUS and its future. Also, it encourages future classes to follow in our footsteps and demonstrates our strong culture of giving to those outside of our community. 

I can’t afford to make a big gift. Besides, a small amount of money won’t make much of a difference, right?

Every gift counts! In line with the one-to-one matching offered by senior leadership, the impact of your gift will be multiplied. What’s more, alumni have joined these efforts to encourage giving by challenging us with an additional gift from them. What’s more, giving together as a class ensures that we can collectively make a difference in our Yale-NUS community and strengthen our culture of giving.

How can I give?

Online (Credit / Debit): Simply click here to make your gift to Financial Aid, or here if you want to give towards Counselling.

Credit Card / Cheque: Fill up a Gift Form and pass it to any of us on the Committee, or to Joella at the Development Office, which is located at Senior Administration, East Core Level 3.

Cash: Drop off your cash gift with Joella at the Development Office, which is located at Senior Administration, East Core Level 3. You can also make cash gifts at our designated lunch tables. Our upcoming session is happening on Thursday, 1 November 2018 from 11:30am to 1:00pm at all three dining halls.

Your gift will be counted towards the Senior Class Gift if you are a senior who is on track to graduate either from our four-year programme before May 2020, or from our Concurrent Degree Programmes / the Double Degree Programme with Law before May 2021.

** Singapore tax residents will receive a 2.5 times tax deduction on their gifts. If you have any questions regarding your gift, you can contact giving@yale-nus.edu.sg, or look for Joella at the Development Office.

How much must I give so that my gift is counted for participation and matching?

All single gifts of at least $10 to either Financial Aid or Counselling will be counted towards participation, while all gifts and pledges will be matched dollar for dollar, up to a maximum of $100 per participating student. For example, if you pledge $20 per month for 6 months, your total pledge is $120, which means your gift counts towards participation. As your total pledge is $120, senior leadership will match your gift with an additional $100.

If I’ve already given $10 and put in an additional $10 separately, will both my gifts be eligible for one-to-one matching?

Yes, the total amount you have given/pledged to this campaign is used to determine the matching. In this example, we will add your second gift to your first, which means that your total gift of $20 will be matched with an additional $20.

Can I donate on my classmate’s behalf?

Unfortunately, this is not possible. But do encourage your classmates to give! Every gift makes a difference!

If I wish to make an anonymous gift, will my gift still count towards participation and matching?

Yes, it will! You can be assured that only the person processing your gift will know about it and that your identity and gift information will otherwise be kept confidential. They will make sure your gift counts towards all the relevant challenges.

I have questions or concerns, who do I contact?

You may reach out to any of us on the Senior Class Gift Committee here. Alternatively, you may also email giving@yale-nus.edu.sg or drop by the Development Office (inside Senior Administration, East Core Level 3) to look for Andy, Rachel or Joella.